You are here: Home Freewares Ant Viewer
Ant Movie Catalog Viewer
Release Date: September 24, 2008
This is a free program to display movie catalog files (*.amc files) created by Ant
Movie Catalog, a scriptable movie collection manager freely available at http://www.antp.be/.
It has a configurable sleek user interface and is suitable for stand-alone catalog
kiosk that only need to open the file read-only. Current features:
- Sleek, flat and configurable user interface.
- It reads the catalog file as read-only, so your catalog file is safe.
- It has password protected mode, that disallows user to change settings or
open another file or close the program. This feature is useful when this program
is used as a stand-alone movie catalog kiosk for movie rentals, dvd shops,
There is also a tutorial on how to use Ant Movie Catalog and the viewer (this software)
to create a home theater PC (HTPC). Thanks to Alex.
Ant Movie Catalog + Viewer Tutorial
Tutorial in French
Version 1.6b (September 24, 2008)
- Some translations added: French, Dutch, Dansk, Russian, Czech. Thanks for the translators.
- A tutorial added to the website.
Version 1.6 (July 25, 2008)
- Now uses half stars in rating. Movies with rating 7, for example, will get 3 and half stars.
- Bug fix in last group & order state saving (checkmarks in group & sort menu not synched).
- Several translations: German, Poland, Spanish. Who else?
Version 1.5 (July 4, 2008)
- Saving last group and last order. (Finally! Sorry, for those who requests
this little feature for so long.)
- Added "Close" button when runs in fullscreen.
- Customizable language in GUI. Translations are welcome. Just copy the "English.lng"
to different language and edit it with Notepad. No unicode support yet. Settings
window is still in English.
- Copying content to clipboard is now working.
Version 1.4 (January 12, 2008)
- Keyboard support for left panel.
- Five star rating system, instead of four.
- Complete and flexible grouping and sorting capabilities.
- Search within title, actors, directors, producers, descriptions and comments.
- An option to show "Original Title" or "Translated Title".
- User variables.
Version 1.3 (July 22, 2007)
- Support for external player
- Support for video path stored in field
- Ability to show/hide top scrolling images
- Ability to put on/off scrolling
- Ability to show/hide buttons
- Ability to limit picture size to a specified size
- Portable, can be launched from read-only media, i.e: CD-ROM or DVD-ROM
Version 1.2 (July 1, 2007)
- Support for linked pictures outside the catalog
- Progress bar when loading catalog
- Bug fixed: paragraphs in actors, description and comments field doesn't handled
Version 1.1 (June 28, 2007)
- Bug fixed: error when there's a movie without picture
- Bug fixed: blurry small images in top image navigation
- Bug fixed: sometimes error occurs when moving mouse over top image navigation
after changing catalog file
- Improved: program can remember last position and size
Version 1.0 (June 12, 2007)
This program is freeware. You can use it as you see fit. This software is distributed
on AS-IS basis, no guaranty or warranty, either expressed or implied. The author
cannot be held responsible for damages caused by using or misusing this product.
The sourcecode of the program is available at download section below. In the
sourcecode, you will find some useful programming techniques: advanced embedded
browser; asynchronous pluggable protocol (APP), a way to serve files to browser
on-the-fly, using custom name space protocol handler; embedded files in executable;
To compile the executable, you will need NiceSideBar
and NiceGallery, both are
available for free at this homepage. You will also need Button Components available
If you have a spare time to improve it, please do so, and send the modification
to me, so I can include it in the next release.
The sourcecode of the program is released under Mozilla Public License (MPL).
You can read the full licensing information here.
Download program and sourcecode here:
Release Date: September 24, 2008
||AntViewer.zip (Delphi 7
Release Date: July 25, 2008